YWAM POTCHEFSTROOM BLOG
We tell our stories and give testimonies. Become part of our experience with God!
Feel free to comment
Feel free to comment
Steven’s DTS TESTIMONY
My name is IMANI KIBAMBAZI STEVEN, coming into the discipleship Training School
I did not know much what to expect and I did not expect to get the change I received in this program. Joining this program was a life changing period in my life, where I got to experience the Lord in new ways, how to live with other and how I can help others.
In the DTS we had 2 phases, lecture phase and the outreach phase where I learned a lot. Here are some of the high lights of what I learned from each of them.
1. Lecture phase
• The DTS helped me to restore the broken relationship with the Lord
• This program helped me to discover my identity
• I learned how to live with people from different culture and background
• I learned what love means, how to love others and how I can love myself
• How to help people in need and the poor, and how I can understand what they are going through by putting me in their shoes.
• How to process things before making decisions
2. Outreach phase
• During the outreach I worked with youth/kids, where I learned the hardship of they are live. Because of lack of the program which can help those into they are daily lives, but for not having anything to do it leads them into making wrong choices.
For my personal experience I feel this program can help them and change they are lives, through sport, arts, music, meeting in the small groups where each other can be sharing they are own testimonies.
• We visited different centre where the old people stay, I learned a lot from them as well as how to live with others. I got the wisdom word from them and I’m so blessed to get to know them. But I would like if people could go as well spending time with them because it encourage them in different ways.
• Refugees, there is more refugees today in the camps because of the lies and human trafficking people want to go the western countries for the better lives. This leads them to create the false insecurity, they start looking insecure and stop the relationships with families and friends, some destroyed themselves they are houses, stub themselves with knifes or other dangerous. To help them to find the truth is to reach them and talk, encourage them to go to school in return this will help them to overcome many lies they are facing and to restore they are minds.
For my experience I would encourage all people to attend this program, this program transform all people who attend as well transform every angle of life.
Thank you! Blessings
IMANI KIBAMBAZI STEVEN